Monday, January 7, 2008

Back on the Chain Gang

Well, it’s back to work. Lynne, Caitlin, and I had a very relaxing holiday break. The only thing that was really stressful was the problem with the ice dams on the roof. As of this morning, my epic “discussion” with the city is over. It took about 8 months, but the city has finally commissioned a company to replace the gutters, soffit, and fascia. The work should be done in the next two weeks. This hopefully will keep the melting ice and snow on the outside rather than coming into our house through the front door frame. There will even be enough money from the grant to replace about 7 windows. Hooray for being poor enough for HUD grants!

Caitlin is back to school. Today went well, though she was a little grumpy to have to work again. We’re off to Easter Seals in a bit. It’s a 45-minute trip on country back roads, so I’m hoping that the predications of thunderstorms are erroneous.

The writing is going well again. I’m making that final push on the first draft of the novel. I feel very confident that I will get it done in the next few weeks. I’ve also been assigned another essay for Fluid Links. I’m pretty jazzed about this essay. I think that I’ve complied some good notes for it.

The Aicardi Conference planning is in full swing. Everybody seems to be very excited about the process. I hope it lasts.

Just Finished Reading- Dragon Champion by E.E. Knight (It was marvelous)
Elric of Mellnibone by Michael Moorcock

Currently Reading- Crystal Rain by Tobias Buckell

No comments: