Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hooray Writing!

Today I reached 46,000 words on the novel. I am made of awesome. Not really, but it feels good. I would almost be done if this was for NaNoWriMo, and everybody pretended that I’ve been working on the novel for 6 days instead of a few months. It’s going slower than I hoped, but I think that I’m doing well scratching out time to write while keeping up with all of my commitments to Caitlin, her therapy, her doctor appointments, the Aicardi Conference, the City of DeKalb Advisory Commission on Disabilities, LINC, and the Mad Norwegian Press books. And somehow I still sleep. :)

I’m pretty happy with what I’ve done on the novel. I’m confident that this is good work. Most importantly, I’m writing nearly every day. I’m really starting to believe that I’m a writer. My current goal is to have a complete and revised manuscript by WisCon. I’m confident that I can do that.

I am so jazzed about the upcoming SF Cons. I’ve spent the last week jealous about all of the folks who went to World Fantasy Con in Saratoga. The next two weekends I will be listening to dozens of authors doing panels and readings. It should be a lot of fun. I learn a lot from these events.

No comments: