Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sekrit Project = Fluid Links

My first sekrit project for Mad Norwegian press has finally announced at Chicago TARDIS. Here is the ad that appears at the back of About Time 6:

************************************************************************

Coming Soon... Mad Norwegian Press debuts Fluid Links- the successor to I,Who, and a multi-volume guidebook series to the Doctor Who novels and audios.

Designed to benefit from the experience Mad Norwegian has gained since I, Who first published in 1999, Fluid Links starts from scratch and vigorously examines the Doctor Who books and audios in lavish, comprehensive detail. It’s a project so ambitious, it requires four authors (Lars Pearson, Robert Smith?, Michael Thomas and Anthony Wilson) and strives to become the definitive guidebook to the material in question.

The initial Fluid Links installments (likely two volumes) will cover the whole of BBC’s Eighth Doctor Adventures- from its inception in The Eight Doctors straight through its conclusion in The Gallifrey Chronicles. Essays in these volumes include “How Much Occurs in the Vampire Science Gap?” , “Is There Any Point to Parallel Universes?” and “Was Miranda the Doctor’s Biological Daughter?”

**************************************************************************

It’s a massive project, and I’ve been working on it for over a year. My own main niche is that I’ve accumulated everything for the Lore sections of each novel. This has meant hundreds of hours of research as I poured through interviews, the Usenet, mailing lists, and forums for every scrap of information about the novels.

The book should see publication next year, but there is still a ton of work that needs to be done.

In addition to this, Lars has asked me to participate in a new sekrit project once we are done with this one.

I am so thankful for these opportunities. I am living out my dream, and that’s something that I never expected to happen. It sure as hell beats corporate finance.

No comments: