Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Overextended

I am getting a bit overextended.

I found out last night that the Aicardi Syndrome Family Conference got more complicated again. I’m stressing out trying to come up with a solution.

Here are my current commitments:
Co-chair of the 2008 Aicardi Syndrome Family Conference
Co-chair DeKalb County Local Interagency Networking Council (LINC)
Member City of DeKalb Advisory Commission on Disabilities (a job that’s growing)
Member of an Easter Seals Committee
The Disability Commission’s representative on The Access to Recreation Committee

I do all of this while being Caitlin’s caregiver, coordinating her school, therapies, doctors, and insurance issues.

Oh, and I’m co writing a guidebook for Mad Norwegian Press.

And I’m writing a novel.

Somewhere in there I also clean the house, do laundry, and try to have time with my wife.

I’m beginning to think that I need to start saying no to things.

No comments: