Monday, November 5, 2007

Not a Good Start

Well, just as I thought the dreary year was on an upswing, Lynne called. She was in a minor traffic accident on the way to work. Everybody is fine, but it’s still an unpleasant start to a week. She was riding in to work with our friend Sarah when they ended up getting hit by a car ricocheting off of another accident. I am still getting the details, but the front of Sarah’s car was smooshed. I was in the middle of getting Caitlin to school when I got the call, but luckily Sarah’s husband David was working from home today and was able to pick them up. It wasn’t a huge deal, but it’s still very unpleasant.

On the plus side, Caitlin is finally getting over her cold. Today should be a normal day of school and therapy at Easter Seals. That means that I have a chance to get some writing done this week. I actually got a decent amount of writing done last week. I am very happy with the shape of the novel, though I am currently writing a chapter that is fighting me.

Otherwise, we are gearing up for convention season. This weekend is Windycon. It should be fun. The next weekend is the Fantasy Matters conference in Minnesota. This will be my first opportunity to go to a Neil Gaiman reading, and Lynne will be giving her paper on Paladin of Souls. And finally, Thanksgiving is Chicago TARDIS. I’m going as a forthcoming writer for the first time. That is going to be awesome. It will be nice to see so many friends in the next few weeks.

The weekend was nice and quiet. We got some tasks done, our good friends Leanne and Drew had their baby shower, and all of us got some rest. Barring any more accidents, I think that November should be a great month.

No comments: