Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fighting and Writing

A couple of things that sucked happened today. Both are sensitive, so I can’t properly vent.

First, DeKalb County did not receive the Access to Recreation Grant. 14 communities tried, but only 4 received the funds. We put a lot of hard work into the grant proposal, so this is very disappointing. Hopefully, we will do better next time. Our county really needs better parks and recreational facilities for people with disabilities.

The second thing has to do with some bureaucratic hiccups with something that Caitlin needs. I am taking steps to smooth it, but I am not looking forward to the fight. Of course, that doesn’t mean that I won’t win. You don’t want to mess with my daughter...

Otherwise, Caitlin is well. The seizures are still under control. I was also able to catch up on her paperwork and filing today.

I sent my fanzine article away. Hopefully, the editor will like what I did. I can’t wait to talk about this more, but I hate to jinx things.

I went back to the novel today. The plan is to write the novel at my fixed 6 AM time, and then use the time that Caitlin is at school to do edits. I also hope to have both of those short stories cleaned up in the next couple of weeks.

I am thinking about sending one of them to the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest. It seems many of the authors that I respect got their start with it. I am sure that people out there can guess why I have trepidations. Are there any thoughts about it from those in the know?

Currently reading: Archangel Protocol by Lyda Morehouse
Just Finished: WebMage by Kelly McCullough

2 comments:

shsilver said...

Fanzine article looks good --ed

Michael Damian Thomas said...

Thanks! It was fun to write it.