Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yarrr...It be a talk-like-a-pirate day entry...


This is a quick blog because I’m really just stalling before I start to do some real work. I am in the middle of writing a fanzine article about Doctor Who continuity. It’s a topic I enjoy, but it’s such a huge subject that I’m having trouble keeping it focused. I am already 2/3 of the way to my word limit, and I am probably going end up well beyond that number. I must remind myself that it is better to have too much than too little. I can always edit it down.

Caitlin is fine today. The meeting with her doctor went well. There was a new fellow from the Epilepsy Center and a visiting doctor from India who joined Caitlin’s doctor for the appointment. Caitlin’s doctor was still very proud of Cait’s progress and spent much of the time bragging to his colleagues. He strongly approved of our “no nap” solution to control her epilepsy, and we decided that it was time to wean the Topamax. We all felt that it wasn’t doing anything other than making her sleepy. With her off of that drug, it also frees us up to try something new if Caitlin’s seizures stay bad.

Lynne and I are now definitely going to Geek.Kon (http://geekkon.net/) in Madison. It sounds like a hoot. Lynne will be working, but there should be some time for play. It is a free con, but it has some neat guests. It is also Lynne’s birthday weekend, so it will be nice to have some couple time. My mom will be watching Caitlin, so everybody please cross your fingers that Caitlin’s seizures don’t go crazy while we’re gone.

No comments: