Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wicked Busy

This is one of those wicked busy weeks. Today Caitlin and I have to run around doing some business for the Aicardi Syndrome Family Conference. Tomorrow I have to do my Co-chair thing for a LINC meeting. Lynne and I are still wrestling with Caitlin’s Dynavox programming. There are a few dozen phone calls that need to be made, and I need to sort through some paperwork. I really need some helper robots. Our damn cats are simply not pulling their weight.

I finished with my first draft of a new short story. It was a bitch to write, but I’m pleased with the result. Now it’s Lynne’s turn to read it. Lynne is an excellent editor. Of course, she should be after all of those years of fancy schooling. This is a project I did on a whim for an anthology. After Lynne finishes it, I need to write a letter of query. I am a little nervous about that. I have no idea how I’m going to sell this story in a summary.

No comments: