Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Lull

I am sitting on our big, red couch during a nice morning lull. Caitlin is still asleep. It’s time for her to be awake, but I’m letting her sleep in after a long and frustrating week (I really wish that I could publicly rant about what happened). Anyway, I would hate to wake her up into a seizure.

I’m back to cranking on the novel. It went well this week. I was only able to write 5000 more words, but that isn’t bad considering all of the other Caitlin business I needed to handle. After working on some short story revisions, though, I decided I wasn’t quite ready to workshop at Windycon. There are a lot of problems in my writing that I am finding on my own. I’m afraid I’m still too rusty to get anything other than discouragement from a workshop. My new goal is to be ready to workshop by Wiscon.

There is one last piece of business from Geek.kon. There are now pictures up on the website. The thumbnail on the main page is of the SF/F panel. That picture shows Tor Senior Editor Jim Frenkel, Hugo-winner Joan Vinge, Spectrum-winner Sarah Monette, Quill-winner Patrick Rothfuss, and my smiling face. I hope that this is one of those happy omens of things to come.

Hinted at announcements should be coming in the next couple of weeks. Next week I will be able to announce the location and dates for the Aicardi Syndrome Family Conference. The Board has the contract, and I don’t foresee any problems. I will be very happy to get this behind me. It’s been a lot of thankless work. I have no idea how some people can chair conventions year after year without cracking.

Lars let me know that the book that I am working on for Mad Norwegian Press will be announced by mid-November at the latest. I can’t wait for the throngs of fans that will surround me at the Chicago TARDIS convention. ;)

Well, I hear the girl singing, so it’s time to put back on my caregiver hat...

No comments: