Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to School

This has been an odd week. We’ve kept busy, but everything that has happened to Lynne and me is the kind of stuff that is too premature to blog about. For myself, there is still some ongoing political stuff that will hopefully be soon behind me. Otherwise, the personal projects keep rolling. Phase 1 of my Mad Norwegian Press project is very nearly done. I just finished the last big thing for it. If everything goes well, there will be an ad for the project in the back of the next two MNP releases. Lars made the announcements of those books a couple of days ago (AHistory (Second Edition) and About Time 6). I’m glad that they are finally being released in December.

I’ve read About Time 6 and it is fantastic. It lives up to the previous volumes. It will be exciting to hear what other people think.

My not-so-secret secret project is chugging along. It’s nearing 30,000 words. I’m happy with it, but I need to spend some time doing some hardcore revisions. I think that I’ve reached a natural place to step back and do this.

A couple of other projects drifted in during the last couple of days. I’ll probably be working on one of these over the next few days. I’m still waiting for more information about the other one.

This is Caitlin’s first week back to school. She’s an old pro at this by now. It’s the same classroom, teacher, aide, students, and therapists as last year. The only significant change is that the playground now has the adaptations that Caitlin and other children with disabilities needed. I am very pleased that she has a swing that she can use. We worked hard to get this.

Her epilepsy is a little worse, but it isn’t too bad. It seems that the key is not letting her nap.

No comments: