Wednesday, August 15, 2007

End of the Season

I am suffering from Caregiver Disorder (see Lynne’s blog)... :)

Actually, things are fine. I just feel a little exhausted. Back in my youth, I had a tendency to procrastinate and waste time. Since Lynne and Caitlin entered my life, I have completely changed into a crazy over-achiever that can’t say no to anything. This means that I now have an awful lot on my plate. Caitlin is still always the priority, but I also have dedicated much of my time to charity work. This was fine until I decided to start writing again. It’s now becoming more difficult to find the time and energy for everything.

Over time I will be paring back some of my charity work, but it’s difficult to quit most of it at this stage. It also doesn’t help that some of it has had some nasty political crap behind the scenes. It’s hard to stay motivated in an organization after seeing some great people have some other petty people turn on them. It makes you wonder if it’s worthwhile. I keep reminding myself that it’s always about the special children like my daughter. I just have to keep my focus on helping them.

The writing seems to be going well. It’s been a little slow this week, but I am still making progress. Lynne wants me to do a writer’s workshop at WindyCon. I’m still a little uneasy about it. I do want solid input, but that forum seems so nebulous and arbitrary. I am still very sensitive to criticism. Of course, I am going nowhere if I don’t get over that. So what do my lurkers think?

I have nothing bad to report about Caitlin’s last few days since we changed her med schedule. I would be more detailed, but I don’t want to jinx anything.

This is the penultimate week of her summer break. It’s hard to believe how the summer has flown by us.

I am also now addicted to Facebook. It blows away MySpace. It’s been cool reconnecting with so many old friends.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Do the workshop. It's always good to shake up the way you think about things, and if it's lame then at worst you have wasted an afternoon and have something to blog about!
I'm new to Facebook too (is it weird that my mom had one before I did?) and am trying to figure it all out in my "spare" time.